Barbara Griggs, Road Superintendent
The Road Department provides the following services:
- Maintain county roads: patching, grading, and apply gravel as needed.
- Maintain county right of ways: mowing, cut bushes, clearing and ditching.
- Install: driveways, cross drains, haul dirt for driveways.
- Unstop pipes and drains
- Remove storm debris
- Create and maintain road signs
Dirt roads should be traveled with caution because of washouts and slick conditions at a speed of no more than 35 mph or less when conditions are bad.
Traffic should always slow down and use caution when Road Department Employees and equipment are on the road for paved and dirt roads.
- As you approach a work zone –please slow down, pay attention and watch for workers. Do not speed or tailgate. Obey flaggers. And expect the unexpected.
- Georgia’s Move Over Law requires drivers to move over one lane if possible when approaching stationary highway maintenance and construction workers, law enforcement or emergency vehicles, firefighters, paramedics, tow truck drivers and utility service vehicles in the roadway or on the shoulder and displaying flashing emergency lights. If traffic is too heavy to move over safely, slow down below the posted speed limit and be prepared to stop.
CULVERT AND DIRT PRICES
The County Manager shall size the culvert according to water flows and topol of existing area.
1. 18” x 24 ft.$604.30Plus $20.00 delivery fee
2. 2 loads of dirt$140.00 CONNECTING BAND $25.18
1. 24” x 24 ft.$798.87Plus $20.00 delivery fee
2. 2 loads of dirt$140.00 CONNECTING BAND $33.29
1.30”X 30 ft.$994.49Plus $20.00 delivery fee
2. 2 loads of dirt$140.00 CONNECTING BAND $41.44
$20.00 fee for pipe delivery (not per pipe)
8-9 Yards is the size of the load
Dirt hauled by the property owner---------- $50 per load
(THIS IS THE PRICE IF SOMEONE USES EQUIPMENT TO LOAD AND HAUL THE DIRT-THIS IS FOR PROPERTY OWNERS NOT A COMMERCIAL BUSINESS.)
Dirt hauled by the county ----$70 per load
Top Soil $70.00 a load delivered.
Dirt is FREE if you shovel yourself and load in your personal vehicle!
Payments are to be made to the Georgetown-Quitman Commission 229-334-0903.