County Landfill/Transfer Station Hours Fri., Sat., Monday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 229-334-5001
The County Landfill / Transfer Station is operated by the Unified Government. Our waste collection requirements are that materials be dropped off in the designated location. We will accept such items as listed below:
Brown & White Goods
- Water Heaters
- Household Furniture
- Concrete blocks, bricks
- asphalt, rocks
- ceramic toiles, etc.
C & D (construction & demolition) materials collected are:
- carpet, tile, insulation, shingles
- wood, metal, toilets, empty paint cans, etc.
Yard waste items collected are:
- Limbs, Length 4 ft in length & 12 diameter
- Leaves, Grass, and Weeds
- Trimmings, Branches, Shrubbery and Tree clippings
- Pine Straw
- Any garbage mixed in or unloaded may result in a citation
- Must be a citizen of Georgetown-Quitman County to participate
- No Commercial use allowed
- Paint (we only take empty paint cans)
- Trees and limbs more than 6ft
The County will not accept tires or tree stumps.